Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Greece Day 2

Well well. Day 2 was one big educational tour. We went into downtown Athens where we gained lots o' knowledge! We actually passed by where the riots had taken place a week before and saw all the flowers that were left outside of the bank that were bombed, pretty sad. After that we stopped at the very old Olympic site where a man ran in full armor.
(Olympic site, and me!)
After that we headed to the Parthenon! It was surreal being there. I don't think I realized how cool it would be to see til I was actually there, standing there looking up at it. It was an amazing experience.

After we had the chance to see that, we basically had about 5hours of free time and ran around Athens and shopped! woowhoo My new family and I had our first gyro, which was bangn! I cant even explain how good the Gyro was and all the food

I bought a lot of shizz for my family and a few things for myself. They sell tons of bracelets over there so obviously I had to get a lot of them.

But enough of the shopping. After that we all headed to the Hard Rock restaurant where we finally met/completed our new family. Lets just say our first night in Greece at the Hard Rock was one to remember forever! So many drinks and the start of the jager bombs and fails made it's way into our lives. There was moon walking(me of course) yelling, food throwing, boy talking, giggling, falling down, 8year old boys selling roses, ouzo(yuck), greek flag shots, and my favorite, drunk purse/watch shopping!

Greek Family. sorry to the guys that were cut out. oopsie (photo courtesy of a greek family member )

After that picture we all headed to a sweet bar! It had colored bottles everywhere. Here's a picture of it.


This bar was a lot of fun and all of us really got to know each other this night. My friend had I had a greek flag shot that was really yummy. It was something blue(I think ouzo) then baileys then blue again. The baileys is what made it delicious. After we took crazy pictures and bought roses from a little greek boy it was time to stumble our way back to the bus where we all started the chant of spiros(our amazing tour guide) and hugged him and yelled his name even more and then began the OPA craze. I'm pretty sure we were annoying but hey we had fun!!

We then headed back to the hotel in Gylfada to sleep(kinda) since we had to wake up at 5am. horrible I KNOW!

Here are some more pictures of that night.





Day 3 coming at ya soooon!

No comments:

Post a Comment